WebQuests: A Strategy for Scaffolding Higher Level Learning
by Bernie Dodge, Ed Tech Department, San Diego State University
Presented at the National Educational Computing Conference, San Diego, June 22-24, 1998
- The WebQuest Page
- This is the mother lode of all WebQuest information. If you're going to bookmark just one page, make it this one.
- Building Blocks of a WebQuest
- Covers the anatomy of a WebQuest, with explanations of each of the six parts.
- A Matrix of Examples
- Sample WebQuests from different content areas and grade levels.
- Some Thoughts about WebQuests
- Concept paper laying out the basic rationale and definition of WebQuests.
- A Rubric for Evaluating WebQuests
- How do you know when your WebQuest is a good one? By its results with your students, of course. Prior to using your WebQuest
on anyone, though, score it with this rubric to see where it might be improved.
- The Triton Summer Workshop
- This four day workshop was very successful at getting one hundred teachers started on WebQuest design.
This page is located at http://edweb.sdsu.edu/webquest/necc98.htm.
Last updated June 24, 1998.
Connecting to 188.8.131.52